Re: [dm-devel] multibus / failover and EMC CX600

* Gerald Nowitzky

not much difference with 2.6.23.1:

Hmm - maybe this patch helps (needs Wilcox' patch to be applied first):
<http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-scsi vger kernel org/msg09458.html>.

I tested it a bit and it helped some, but I don't remember exactly for which situations... It was on a machine that was using the lpfc HBA driver though so no guarantees that it'll help in your case.

Anyway, since you're able to reproduce it consistently and with the latest kernel.org tarball, I suggest you try to take it to the linux-scsi list to see if they've got any suggestions. This obviously is a kernel bug, and it's surely not in the DM layer. Either in the HBA driver or in the SCSI layer (I'm not sure which), but linux-scsi should be the right list in any case.

Regards
--
Tore Anderson