[dm-devel] Re: WANTED: kernel projects for CS students

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:10:32 -0600
Zan Lynx <zlynx acm org> wrote:

> > http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelProjects
>
> How about this in the Device Mapper raid-1/mirror code?
> 	/* FIXME: add read balancing */
>
> That comment has been in there for many releases.  I've wanted read
> balancing for several servers and had all sorts of ideas about it,

I've written down the basic description:

http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelProjects/Raid1ReadBalancing

Could you add any ideas that you have to the page?
It is a wiki, so anybody can edit the site (after
creating an account).