Re: [dm-devel] Multipath with 2 NICs?

Scott Moseman wrote:
We're interesting in using multipath I/O from our Red Hat servers with
our iSCSI SAN in order to have failover in the event of a switch
failure.  Our vendor gave me a product matrix and it says we cannot
use 2 NICs under Red Hat, we must use 1 NIC and 1 HBA.  I'm not
finding any clear cut explanation of this in the device-mapper
documentation, unless I'm missing something.  Are we really required
to use an HBA instead of just 1 NICs with DM?

In RHEL 5.0, that is true.

In RHEL 5.1 you can now bind a session to a specific nic and multipath over the two sessions. See sectrion 5.1 in /usr/share/doc/iscsi-initiator-utils-*/README for info on how to do this.