Re: [dm-devel] Question about NetLink

Hall, Eric R <eric r hall intel com> wrote:
> First link on Google when searching for "Mike Anderson libnl":
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2005-November/msg00128.html

Thanks for providing the link.

Please note that based on discussions held on this list and lkml that I
generated a patch that uses kobject uevents instead of a new netlink
channel. The url to a archive of the article is given below.

The advantage of the kobject uevent interface is that you could trigger
off a udev rule, interface through dbus/hal, or interface directly to the
uevent socket like multipathd does.

I am just finishing up testing on an update to the previous posted patch
that aligns the calls in my patch with the updated kobject uevent
interface in the latest -mm tree. I will post soon.

Michael Anderson
andmike us ibm com