Re: [dm-devel] fdisk on a multipath device fails kernel partition re-read

I'd like to have multiple partitions rather than one large disk.

What if one of your paths fails during the mkfs on the single path'd /dev/sdX?

I am adding auto partition/format/mount capability (triggered by udev
add events). A reboot between the sfdisk and mkfs.ext3 will not be
possible. I would really like to operate on multipathed device nodes
the whole way through to handle possible path failure during the
process and because the ultimate mount point will be to the
multipathed partition device node.

Any other suggestions?