[dm-devel] Re: path checker open() flags, devmapper ioctl()

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Fri Apr 18 19:43:01 UTC 2008

Here is an update with my findings of today.

Paths to R2 LU are flaged read-only upon detection, as can be seen with
"hdparm -r". hdparm is able to flag them rw (hdparm -r0). Once paths are
switched to rw, I still can't use multipath to load maps upon them.

But, issuing "blockdev --rereadpt" on the paths finally resolves this
issue.

I'm confused. What is expected from the multipath tools there ? I'd like
to have the multipath maps up and running for R2 LU, for them to be
ready the moment they get activated by the R1/R2 split. But I'm not sure
how to do that in the described context. Input welcome.

Regards,
cvaroqui