RE: [dm-devel] Status of resizing/growing dm-multipath devices on the fly

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Domenico Viggiani wrote:

* Sharif Nassar wrote:

We seem to have a working method for resizing multipath luns
from our NetApp filers.  It works on CentOS 4 & 5, for us,
and our NetApps.
(2 HBA, times 2 paths on each makes for four SCSI LUN to resize)

The poorly formatted, unpolished, YMMV, no warranty recipe is:

Pfew! Done!

Incredible! I will study this later, thanks.
Any idea if this could work with an EMC Clariion CX 700 array?

While we haven't tested it, I don't see any reason why not. Since the core concern is freeing the device so the kernel can see the new size, it shouldn't be an issue.

-sharif