[dm-devel] Re: dm targets with spaces in the name

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
which is a bug as per what I stated above, if true.

dmsetup knows nothing about the format of the table line - it's a simple
string - and should not be interfering with it: a backslash+space (after any
shell escaping) should get handled consistently, passed through to the target
and should work.

Nevermind, I must have made a typeo before because now the kernel accepts targets with spaces in the name just fine, as long as they are properly backslash escaped.

Heinz, you mentioned that dmraid should just not be using names with spaces in them. My first thought was to fix dmraid to backslash escape the spaces, but you seem to have another idea in mind?