Re: [dm-devel] [patch] leastpending_io load balancing policy

Hi Alasdair, Vijayakumar,

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> Also look at request based multipath patch rqdm-dlb-02-queue-length-dlb.patch
> which addresses some but not all of those points.

FYI.
The rqdm-dlb-* patches don't depend on request-based dm-multipath,
so those can work on bio-based dm-multipath, too, with some cosmetic
changes.

Alasdair,
If you want to apply dynamic load balancer patches before request-based
dm-multipath patches, I can rebase my load balancer patches.

The reason why I've been posting those patches on top of request-based
patches is that load balancer doesn't work well in bio-based dm-multipath.
Bio-based dm-multipath is on top of the I/O scheduler, so I/O merging and
I/O sorting may occur after path switching.

Thanks,
Kiyoshi Ueda