[dm-devel] Re: jbd2 inside a device mapper module

Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com
Mon Dec 29 06:20:14 UTC 2008

Andreas Dilger wrote:
> On Dec 25, 2008  12:35 -0200, Alberto Bertogli wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 06:49:15PM -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:
> > > I have no idea why you would need to do manual __breads().  No
doubt
> > > I'm missing some context here.
> >
> > I'm writing (just for fun and learning purposes) a device mapper
> > module that stores checksums on writes and verifies them on reads.
The
> > integrity metadata (currently just the checksum) is interleaved in
the
> > backing device: one sector holding the integrity metadata for the
> > following 64 data sectors.

> Alex and I discussed implementing checksums for ext4 using an external
device like this, and he might have some more design information for
you.

That external device could possibly be a TPM chip that can store
checksums.

Shyam Iyer
Dell Linux Engineering