[dm-devel] SLES installation on dual controller subsystem

Hi All,

I am trying to install SLES 10.1 on my dual controller subsystem. The
subsystem is ALUA aware and hence shows me 2 LUNs for one while trying
to install SLES on it.

If my LUN's preferred controller is 1 then everything goes fine, but
if the preferred controller of the LUN I am installing OS on is 2,
then installation goes fine but the boot fails.

It throws some errors like root (hd1,1) could not found. When I modify
this to too(hd0,1) it boots fine.

What am I missing here?

Regards,
Pradipmaya.