[dm-devel] Permissions of node files created by device-mapper

Hi,

Hope this is the right forum for this question.  If not, please redirect me.  I've tried googling for this information without success.

When device mapper creates a node to represent a LVM logical volume (e.g. /dev/mapper/vgrp_name-lvol_name), how does it decide the owner/group for the node file.   Seems to be root/root by default, but I'm wondering if there's  a way to override it?  Is there some method (e.g. configuration file, kernel parameter, etc.) that I should know about?

Thanks,
Derek.