[dm-devel] RAID5 compatibility.

silentphoebus silentphoebus at voila.fr
Wed Feb 27 16:59:43 UTC 2008

Thank you for your answer.
I can't manage the raid5 to work,
here are what what i do :

dmraid -s give me :
*** Group superset isw_hdaagdcbc
--> Subset
name   : isw_hdaagdcbc_RAID5
size   : 1465177344
stride : 128
type   : raid5_la
status : ok
subsets: 0
devs   : 4
spares : 0

dmraid -tay give me :
isw_hdaagdcbc_RAID5: 0 1465177344 raid45 core 2 131072 nosync raid5_la 1 128 4 -1 /dev/sda 0 /dev/sdb 0 /dev/sdc 0 /dev/sde 0

and dmraid -ay give me :
ERROR: device-mapper target type "raid45" not in kernel
and the /dev/mapper/ show only the control file.

i have try with the from the cvs tree and the current tools.
i use the latest kernel with raid456 compiled as modules and loaded.

What should i do to make the raid5 work.
Thank you very much.