[dm-devel] Need Help

Nath, Varun varun.nath at amd.com
Thu Jan 17 20:24:45 UTC 2008

Hi,

Is this the script you are talking about?

[root at x rc3.d]# more S13multipathd
#!/bin/bash
#
#       /etc/rc.d/init.d/multipathd
#
# Starts the multipath daemon
#
# chkconfig: - 13 87
# processname: multipathd

DAEMON=/sbin/multipathd
prog=`basename $DAEMON`
initdir=/etc/rc.d/init.d
lockdir=/var/lock/subsys
sysconfig=/etc/sysconfig

system=redhat

if [ $system = redhat ]; then
        # Source function library.
        . $initdir/functions
fi

test -r $sysconfig/$prog && . $sysconfig/$prog

RETVAL=0

#
# See how we were called.
#

start() {
        test -x $DAEMON || exit 5
        echo -n $"Starting $prog daemon: "
        daemon $DAEMON
        RETVAL=$?
        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch $lockdir/$prog
        echo
}

stop() {
        echo -n $"Stopping $prog daemon: "
        killproc $DAEMON
        RETVAL=$?
        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && rm -f $lockdir/$prog
        echo
}

restart() {
        stop
        start
}

reload() {
        echo -n "Reloading $prog: "
        trap "" SIGHUP
        killproc $DAEMON -HUP
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
}

case "$1" in
start)
        start
        ;;
stop)
        stop
        ;;
reload)
        reload
        ;;
restart)
        restart
        ;;
condrestart)
        if [ -f $lockdir/$prog ]; then
            restart
        fi
        ;;
status)
        status $prog
        RETVAL=$?
        ;;
*)
        echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|status|restart|condrestart|reload}"
        RETVAL=3
esac

exit $RETVAL