[dm-devel] Configuring multipath for root device

Pradipmaya Maharana pradipmaya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 20:38:28 UTC 2008

# ls -al /dev/system/
total 0
drwx------  2 root root   80 Jan 16 17:44 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 6660 Jan 16 17:46 ..
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   23 Jan 16 17:44 root -> /dev/mapper/system-root
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   23 Jan 16 17:44 swap -> /dev/mapper/system-swap

Yes, /dev/system/root and swap are links, as shown above.

About volume labels, I tried assigning label to mount /dev/system/root
to label-root but it would fail.
I tried doing it through YaST/partitioner and it failed with the
following error:

"Failure occurred during following action:
Setting label on /dev/system/root to label-root.

System error code was : -3024"

Is there any other way to change the label.

Further information:
when I try to run "multipath -v3", it would not create any map , with
following error
222f2000155c11879: set ACT_CREATE (map does not exist)
222f2000155c11879: domap (0) failure for create/reload map

Thanks and Regards,
Pradipmaya.