Re: [dm-devel] Re: Round Robin vs Active/Passive

Hi Tore,

Tore Anderson wrote:
[ .. ]
What I need to do is this:

# My new CX3-40f which supports ALUA (preferred) as well as PNR
device {
	vendor DGC
	product *
	product_blacklist LUNZ
	alua_capable yes
	[..ALUA optimised settings...]
}

# My old CX200, only supports PNR
device {
	vendor DGC
	product *
	product_blacklist LUNZ
	alua_capable no
	[..PNR optimised settings...]
}

...but there's no such thing as the "alua_capable" setting or any other
setting that can be used to distinguish between the two CLARiiONs, as
far as I know, so I have to use both arrays in PNR mode even though the
newest one of them supports ALUA.

No need. I did some patch once ago which allowed you to set the hardware
handler in the multipaths section.
For exactly this scenario. Can you test if it works?

Cheers,

Hannes
hare suse de			      +49 911 74053 688
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)