Re: [dm-devel] Linux utility to determine WWN from a LUN number

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, lemons_terry emc com wrote:

> Hi
> I want to have multipath manage only the CLARiiON LUN that I boot from (LUN 0).  So I know that I can specify the following in /etc/multipath.conf:
> blacklist {
> 	wwid *
> 	}
> blacklist_exceptions {
> 	wwid nnnnnnnnnn
> 	}
> The wwid value is different for every CLARiiON LUN.  So, if I want to automate the process of adding the 'wwid' value to the blacklist, what utility can I use to specify a LUN number, and find the WWN of the LUN?

I've written one.  Try it!

Easy way:

rpm -ivh http://people.redhat.com/coldwell/coldwell-release-0-1.noarch.rpm
yum install -y scsitool
scsitool --wwid --hbtl --devname

Alternately, you can download source/binaries:

Charles M. "Chip" Coldwell
Senior Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc

GPG ID:  852E052F
GPG FPR: 77E5 2B51 4907 F08A 7E92  DE80 AFA9 9A8F 852E 052F