[dm-devel] Using different configuration for arrays with identicalvendor/product

berthiaume_wayne at emc.com berthiaume_wayne at emc.com
Fri Mar 28 16:25:43 UTC 2008

Hi Tore.

	You should be able to use the emc_handler for both arrays.
Depending on the distro you are using only implicit ALUA is supported,
explicit ALUA is in being worked on for upcoming distros. Whether the
storage group within the array attached to the server is ALUA or not is
determined by the failover mode you set for the host on that array. At
the server side you will not know the difference between the two
failover modes, PNR or ALUA.

Regards,
Wayne.
EMC Corp