[dm-devel] Re: PROBLEM: powertop reports 8000 spurious interrupts/s from USB disk

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:13 AM, Matthew Dharm
<mdharm-usb one-eyed-alien net> wrote:
>  If there is no actual activity, then this is likely not a usb-storage
>  problem.  It may very well be an HCD problem, however.
>
>  You may want to turn on CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DEBUG and verify that there is,
>  in fact, no activity to the drive during these events.

Indeed, I enabled USB_DEBUG and USB_STORAGE_DEBUG; there are no kernel
messages at the time of the interrupt flood.

Any ideas how to proceed to get this problem resolved? I added David
Brownell (the EHCI maintainer) to recipients.

Marti