[dm-devel] Desynchronizing dm-raid1

Herbert Xu herbert at gondor.apana.org.au
Wed May 14 01:14:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 04:35:03PM -0400, Mikulas Patocka wrote:

> And where would you propose to place this bit?
>
> One possibility would be struct crypto_tfm->crt_flags
> Another possibility is struct crypto_alg->cra_flags

The latter definitely because this is an algorithm property.

> Can chaining mode change the value of the flag? (I presume that yes)

If you mean templates like CBC then it depends.  You should
set it to zero by default for safety but most of them should
be able to turn it on once audited.

If it turns out that the majority of algorithms support this,
you could even decide to only select those algorithms that do.
Suppose your bit is

	CRYPTO_ALG_FOO

then you could do

	crypto_alloc_blkcipher(name, CRYPTO_ALG_FOO, CRYPTO_ALG_FOO)

to demand only those algorithms that comply.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert at gondor.apana.org.au>