[dm-devel] failover does not work with rdac device handler

Moger, Babu Babu.Moger at lsi.com
Sat Oct 4 00:12:40 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have quick question.

I am trying to configure device mapper for my FC array (on my Linux box). I have passed all the arguments from /etc/multipath.conf(like vendor, model etc ..).

Discovery seems fine. But, failover is not working.  I am seeing the following error.

"device-mapper: multipath: Cannot failover device because scsi_dh_rdac was not loaded."

Is it required to add vendor id and model id anywhere else to support this device?

Thanks
Babu Moger