RE: [dm-devel] [patch]: [multipath-tool] Add check for removeddevice in rdac checker

Konrad Wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:11:28AM -0500, Yanqing_Liu Dell com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This patch adds a check for removed device in rdac checker. After
> > volume access inquiry returns, the checker will check the peripheral
> > qualifier field to see if the device is deleted/unmapped. If so, mark
> > path as failed.

> How does multipathd behaves when this fix is not in? Does it still mark the path down? I would presume so, but it would take longer (the default SCSI timeout value?)

Absolutely. But that would also be after some IOs on the failed path and the device being marked offline. Instead if the controller device is intelligent to support a feature to know if the path is down through an inquiry then it is worth marking the path down earlier.

Thanks for reviewing.

-Shyam Iyer.