[dm-devel] Re: dm-ioband + bio-cgroup benchmarks

Hi Tsuruta-san,

Ryo Tsuruta wrote:
Hi All,

I have got excellent results of dm-ioband, that controls the disk I/O
bandwidth even when it accepts delayed write requests.

In this time, I ran some benchmarks with a high-end storage. The
reason was to avoid a performance bottleneck due to mechanical factors
such as seek time.

You can see the details of the benchmarks at:
http://people.valinux.co.jp/~ryov/dm-ioband/hps/

I took a look at your beautiful results!
When you have time, would you explain me how you succeeded to check the
time, bandwidth, especially when you did write() tests? Actually, I tried
similar tests and failed to check the bandwidth correctly. Did you insert
something in the kernel source?

Thanks,
Takuya Yoshikawa