[dm-devel] multipathd init script errors

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Apr 13 11:05:25 UTC 2009

Hello, all.  Whenever we stop multipathd, we get the following errors:

[root at kvm01 sysconfig]# service multipathd stop
/etc/init.d/multipathd: line 32: cd: HOME not set
/etc/init.d/multipathd: line 50: read: read error: 0: Is a directory

When we looked at the init script, it appears to be a problem with the
parameters passed to the teardown_slaves function.  We put a little echo
statement in to tell us what was being passed as ${1} since the first
line of the function and the one which seems to be causing the grief is
"cd ${1}"

We got:
[root at kvm01 init.d]# service multipathd stop
/sys/block/dm-0
/sys/block/md1
/sys/block/sda/sda2

/etc/init.d/multipathd: line 33: cd: HOME not set
/etc/init.d/multipathd: line 51: read: read error: 0: Is a directory

Any idea how we fix this? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation