Re: [dm-devel] [RFC] dm snapshot based asynchronous replication

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:08:20 +0200 (CEST)
christophe varoqui free fr wrote:

> dm developers,
>
> I'm in need of an asynchronous replication method for active/passive clusters using direct-attached disks. Please advise if you know tools (other than drdb an rsync) to do the job. (How goes dm-replicator btw ?).

Zumastor?

http://zumastor.org/

An asynchronous remote replication based on snapshots is one of
reasons why I worked a new dm snapshot implementation:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2008-August/msg00003.html

Jonathan Brassow has been working on it (Jonathan, Thanks!):

http://marc.info/?l=dm-devel&m=123905441719141&w=2

If you add the interface to get the delta between two snapshots, then
you can implement a daemon in user space that does an asynchronous
remote replication.