Re: [dm-devel] Sun StorageTek 2530 and dm?

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:48:36 -0700
Chandra Seetharaman <sekharan us ibm com> wrote:

> This is the expected behavior, when IOs on the active path fails, the
> hardware handler will activate the passive path and make it active and
> start sending IOs thru that newly activated path.
>
> Send MODE_SELECT is how the hardware handler makes the passive path
> active.

Yes, I am aware of the multipathing and switching in case of failure -
but what is bugging me is why is it happening so often? Or can I be
more precise - why is it happening CONSTANTLY?

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |
| start fighting cancer -> http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/   |