[dm-devel] Shared snapshots

Mikulas Patocka mpatocka at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 08:05:34 UTC 2009

Hi

I uploaded new shared snapshots here:
http://people.redhat.com/mpatocka/patches/kernel/new-snapshots/devel/

changes:

- Broken to separate patches, one patch per file. The last patch adds all
the files to Makefile and makes it all compile. It allows you to ack
patches individually. I didn't use stubs to compile intermediate patches,
the problem is that if multiple patches modify the same file, general
modifications to the code become harder. With one-patch-per-file I can
edit it with normal text editor and quilt regenerates the patches.

- Document on-disk format in dm-multisnap-mikulas-struct.h

- More functions are commented

- Removed /*printk ... */ statements. I left some #ifdefed debug routines,
they are non-trivial to write again

- Fixed a bug on big-endian systems

- Exposed interface for snapshots-of-snapshots, tested that they work

Mikulas