[dm-devel] Senior device-mapper/LVM job vacancy at Red Hat

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 20:21:32 UTC 2009

We're seeking to recruit another experienced linux developer to work on
device-mapper and LVM.  Details below.

Candidates should apply directly through the website within the next
week or so:
  https://redhat.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=4014

Note that although it is listed under our main engineering office at
Westford outside Boston, MA, this does not preclude the consideration
of good candidates who would prefer to be based at other Red Hat offices
worldwide (or to work from home).  If this would be the case, please
mention it when applying.

  Join a team working to enhance and support Linux Device Mapper (DM)
  and Logical Volume Manager (LVM). This includes the design of key
  storage features such as software RAID, snapshot, multipath I/O, device
  encryption, and on-line storage expansion and reconfiguration. Develop
  these features as part of the the mainstream Linux community, then
  deliver and support them through the Fedora project, and Red Hat
  Enterprise Linux.

  Excellent analysis, design, development, and debugging skills are
  required. Includes both kernel and userspace work. Expert ability in
  the C programming language is required. Proficiency with make, git, and
  scripting languages is a plus. Experience with storage, I/O drivers,
  file systems and related utilities is also an advantage.

  Able to integrate the requirements of a variety of users and
  environments, from the installer and boot environment, through large
  high availability, high performance, installations. Proven ability to
  balance features and risk, depending on project constraints. Interested
  in working as part of a distributed team, understanding others'
  perspective, and striving to communicate effectively.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com