Re: [dm-devel] Multipath setup and rdac questions

Christian Røsnes wrote:

              vendor                  "DGC"
              product                 "*"

I suspect from the output below that you want:

              vendor                  "DELL"
              product                 "DELL,MD Virtual Disk"

Here's what I see for the MD3000i:

# cat /sys/block/sdb/device/vendor
DELL
# cat /sys/block/sdb/device/model
MD Virtual Disk

Thank you
Christian

That's what I thought based on the output you posted earlier. You need to put this in multipath.conf instead of the values you currently have ("DELL"/"MD3000i" which are not correct for this hardware) but you also need to resolve the issue of whether you want to use device-mapper or MPP multipathing - the /etc/multipath.conf file is only used by the device-mapper multipath tools.

Regards,
Bryn.