[dm-devel] RE: qla2xxx 0000:03:0c.0: Firmware image unavailable

Dave Holland dh3 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 16:46:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 08:20:48AM -0700, Moger, Babu wrote:
> You are right. Looks like qlogic driver loads even before udev hotplug
> is functional.  Driver loads successfully when I re-load the driver
> after the system in up.  Is there any solution or work-around for this
> problem?

So the problem only happens at boot time? Are you using an initrd, and
if so, have you got the firmware images in the initrd image?
(mkinitramfs, update-initramfs, etc)

Dave
--
** Dave Holland ** Systems Support -- Infrastructure Management **
** 01223 496923 ** The Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK **