[dm-devel] Re: dm: add topology support

Martin K. Petersen mkp at mkp.net
Fri Jun 5 19:34:20 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Snitzer <snitzer at redhat.com> writes:

Mike> I followed your lead :)
Mike>  http://mkp.net/code/topology/dm-topology.patch

I believe I pointed out that the patch was a proof of concept :)

Mike> I need to continue looking at this problem; particularly as it
Mike> relates to the LVM2 userspace's role in seeding the DM layer
Mike> appropriately.

*nod*

Mike> So I'm not yet seeing why alignment_offset _should_ matter as you
Mike> stack within DM (because of LVM2's role in accounting for it)
Mike> but...

If LVM2 userland takes care of alignment then the offset doesn't matter.
Without it, though, there's not much I can do in the stacking function.

--
Martin K. Petersen      http://mkp.net/