[dm-devel] Removing a failed device from LVM2/DM

malahal at us.ibm.com malahal at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 1 19:08:43 UTC 2009

Alan D. Brunelle [Alan.Brunelle at hp.com] wrote:
> #device/dev-cache.c:245         /dev/sdab: Already in device cache
>
> How does one remove the cache? I tried remove /etc/lvm/cache/.cache &
> running vgscan, but no difference.
>
> Alan

I think removing that file should help. What is your cache_dir setting
in /etc/lvm.conf file? You can completely remove that dir. On my
machine, cache_dir is set to /etc/lvm/cache and doing "rm -rf
/etc/lvm/cache" or "rm -f /etc/lvm/cache/.cache" should help.

BTW, the .cache file is just a text file, see what is there.

Thanks, Malahal.