[dm-devel] Development problem: uninterruptable processes

Heinz Mauelshagen heinzm at redhat.com
Mon Apr 26 11:27:10 UTC 2010

Hi Anselm,

you're not explaining the design and functions of your driver here, so
it's hard to tell. You're telling though, starvation happens in the
write path so you want to look if you're in an OOM situation, presumably
the locking is correct as you claim. Another possibility may be that
you're scheduling a thread handling your write not properly.

You better provide the source code of your driver to allow for better
advice.

Regards,
Heinz