Re: [dm-devel] hunt for 2.6.37 dm-crypt+ext4 corruption? (was: Re: dm-crypt barrier support is effective)

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 09:37:20PM -0600, Jon Nelson wrote:
> One difference is the location of the transaction logs (pg_xlog). In
> my case, /var/lib/pgsql/data *is* mountpoint for the test volume
> (actually, it's a symlink to the mount point). In your case, that is
> not so. Perhaps that makes a difference?  pgsql_tmp might also be on
> two different volumes in your case (I can't be sure).

I just tried tried to run t.sql five times with /var/lib/postgres as a
mountpoint for a 5400 rpm disk, and I still haven't been able to
replicate it.

If you can point out how to query pgsql_tmp (I'm using a completely
default postgres install), that would be helpful, but I don't think it
would be going anywhere else.

Still trying....

						- Ted