[dm-devel] hunt for 2.6.37 dm-crypt+ext4 corruption? (was: Re: dm-crypt barrier support is effective)

Ted Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Sun Dec 12 02:34:15 UTC 2010

One experiment --- can you try this with the file system mounted with
data=writeback, and see if the problem reproduces in that journalling
mode?

I want to rule out (if possible) journal_submit_inode_data_buffers()
racing with mpage_da_submit_io().  I don't think that's the issue, but
I'd prefer to do the experiment to make sure.  So if you can use a
kernel and system configuration which triggers the problem, and then
try changing the mount options to include data=writeback, and then
rerun the test, and let me know if the problem still reproduces, I'd
be really grateful.

Thanks,

					- Ted