[dm-devel] Manual failback commands

Scott Dungan scott at gps.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 3 19:55:01 UTC 2010

On 2/3/2010 11:33 AM, Christophe Varoqui wrote:
> On mer., 2010-02-03 at 09:44 -0800, Scott Dungan wrote:
>
>>> The cli has a syntax help message, accessed using 'help' or whatever
>>> unknown keyword.
>>>
>>> The relevant commands are:
>>>    reinstate path $path
>>>    fail path $path
>>>
>>> which wrap 1/ the dm messaging to fail/resinstate a path and 2/
>>> disable/enable the specified path checking in multipathd
>>>

>> Thanks for your continued help. Perhaps I am using the incorrect tools.
>> Neither the 'multipath' command or the interactive mode of the
>> multipathd daemon (multipath -k) have any of those directives documented
>> under the 'help' listing, nor do they respond to them when I use them as
>> you specify above. What CLI command are you using with those directives?
>> Like:
>>
>> %cli_command% reinstate path $path
>>

> 'multipathd -khelp' on most distro-shipped multipath-tools.
> 'multipathd help' is also possible with upstream.
>
> --

Yes, I understand that. If I run 'multipathd -k' and then help, these
are the commands that are listed:

      list|show paths
      list|show maps
      add path $path
      remove|del path $path
      add map $map
      remove|del map $map
      switch|switchgroup map $map group $group
      dump pathvec
      reconfigure
      disablequeueing map $map
      restorequeueing map $map

Where are the 'reinstate path' or 'fail path' directives you mention in
this thread? In case this is a version issue, we are running with
version device-mapper-multipath-0.4.7-30.el5_4.4. What version are you
running where the 'reinstate path' or 'fail path' directives are listed
in help or otherwise function?

-Scott