[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

[dm-devel] Problem Delay construction of multipath device



Problem: Delay construction of multipath device (/ dev/dm-3)

I have a server and all works well at the beginning and I have no problem with multipath:
- Server SunX4100

- Sun Storage Sun Storage Teck 2540
- Redhat Enterprise 5.2 (2.6.18-128.1.16.el5)

- 1Seul fiber card (Dual Port) optical Qlogic (qla2xxx)

- 2 Qlogic Fiber Switch 5600

 

# multipath -v2 -ll

mpath2 (3600a0b80004946b80000083b4a4a0137) dm-3 SUN,LCSM100_F

[size=305G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=1 rdac][rw]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][active]

 \_ 3:0:0:1  sdf 8:80  [active][ready]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][enabled]

 \_ 4:0:0:1  sde 8:64  [active][ghost]

mpath1 (3600a0b8000493fb6000008674a4a0130) dm-2 SUN,LCSM100_F

[size=240G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=1 rdac][rw]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][enabled]

 \_ 4:0:0:0  sdd 8:48  [active][ready]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][enabled]

 \_ 3:0:0:0  sdc 8:32  [active][ghost]

 

My fstab :

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1

LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2

tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0

devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0

sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0

proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0

/dev/dm-2           /home                      auto   defaults     0 0

/dev/dm-3           /data                      auto   defaults     0 0

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

# df -h

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00

                       64G   20G   42G  33% /

/dev/sda1              99M   24M   71M  25% /boot

tmpfs                 2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev/shm

/dev/dm-2             240G  148G   93G  62% /home

/dev/dm-3             305G  115G  191G  38% /data

 

After a while, the boot I got the message that displays:
Mounting local filesystems: mount: special device / dev/dm-3 does not exist
/ sbin / mount.gfs gfs_controld not running error mounting lock proto lock_dlm

 

After starting the server I do:

# multipath -v2 -ll

mpath1 (3600a0b8000493fb6000008674a4a0130) dm-2 SUN,LCSM100_F

[size=240G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=1 rdac][rw]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][active]

 \_ 4:0:0:0  sdd 8:48  [active][ready]

 

And

# df -h

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00

                       64G   20G   42G  33% /

/dev/sda1              99M   24M   71M  25% /boot

tmpfs                 2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev/shm

/dev/dm-2             240G  148G   93G  62% /home

 

I tried to solve the problem


When I do:

# service multipathd restart

Then

# multipath -v2 -ll

mpath2 (3600a0b80004946b80000083b4a4a0137) dm-3 SUN,LCSM100_F

[size=305G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=1 rdac][rw]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][active]

 \_ 3:0:0:1  sdf 8:80  [active][ready]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][enabled]

 \_ 4:0:0:1  sde 8:64  [active][ghost]

mpath1 (3600a0b8000493fb6000008674a4a0130) dm-2 SUN,LCSM100_F

[size=240G][features=1 queue_if_no_path][hwhandler=1 rdac][rw]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][enabled]

 \_ 4:0:0:0  sdd 8:48  [active][ready]

\_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][enabled]

 \_ 3:0:0:0  sdc 8:32  [active][ghost]

 

I have a good result and I do mount-a.
I made the upgrade to Redhat 5.4 (2.6.18-164.el5) but I have not solved the problem.
It must be done at boot

How I can do. I can give you my "sosreport" if you want.

Thanks


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]