Re: [dm-devel] Is there a way to see updated contents of a DM target's underlying device while the DM target is in use?

Alasdair G Kergon [agk redhat com] wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 04:53:23PM -0700, Riches Jr, RobertX M wrote:
> > I didn't see any queues or caches in dm-linear that would need to be flushed.
>
> It's your test script that is not behaving as you expect:)
>
> Add conv=odirect to dd

You mean flags rather than conv? conv just converts ascii to ebcdic etc.
oflag=direct would do direct I/O on the writes and iflag=direct should do
direct I/O on reads.

Thanks, Malahal.