Re: [dm-devel] Rescan for new LUNs

-----Original Message-----
From: dm-devel-bounces redhat com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Malahal Naineni
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:08 PM
To: dm-devel redhat com
Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Rescan for new LUNs

Allen, Jack [Jack Allen mckesson com] wrote:
>    Hello:
>            What is the best way to cause the system to rescan for new LUNs,
>    other than rebooting?

Writing something to some files in sysfs. If none of the LUNs are in
use, "modprobe -r <module>" followed by "modprobe <module>" will also
work.

Thanks, Malahal.

Something to some file is not very helpful. And the other LUNs are in use. I am just trying to keep from having to reboot if I really do not need to.

----
Jack Allen