[dm-devel] [RESUBMIT][Patch] scsi_dh_rdac: retry IO for 06/3f/03 in rdac_check_sense fn

Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com
Tue Oct 26 20:27:21 UTC 2010

Observation in this context is based on the move here to make UA handling generic.

> > Example: A thin provisioning threshold exceed check condition. The
> > device handler infrastructure can be a savior with such hacks..
>
> I'm going to regret asking this (especially given all the noise there's
> been on thin provisioning thresholds):  Which arrays don't actually
> issue them correctly?

Its not a question of correct vs incorrect. The implementation detail of how a thin provisioning threshold UA should be handled is outside the scope of T10 and so there are different architectures which deal with this situation differently. Viewing them all with the same prism may cause issues.

The spec only says it should be retried.. and no more. What administrative actions need to be taken based on the event is outside the scope of T10...

It is more of a flexibility to handle the retries based on the array architecture..

Shyam