[dm-devel] Help ! : device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Invalid argument

Hi ,

This is Sethuraman Subbiah , a student at NCState. I installed DM-IOBAND. I needed that for a project.

I downloaded a kernel module binary and used insmod to insert the module. It worked and i did modprobe.

When I gave dmsetup targets | grep ioband
I got ioband v1.14.0

It was fine till that step.

When I try to associate /dev/sda3 with ioband1 :

echo "0 $(blockdev --getsize /dev/sda3) ioband /dev/sda3 1 0 0 none weight 0 :40" | dmsetup create ioband1

I keep getting this error :
device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Invalid argument
Command failed

Can someone help me out ? Thanks !

-
Regards,