Re: [dm-devel] [linux-lvm] do not disable ext4 discards on first discard failure? [was: Re: dm snapshot: ignore discards issued to the snapshot-origin target]

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 04:28:17PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> I still think that concats of floppies, usb disks, and ssds should be rare, so I'm less concerned about that ;)

It's the 'undefined' cases that cause us the trouble though: we do have
to return something and I prefer to work with defined and documented
behaviour, rather than pretending something is 'undefined' or
'unimportant' and later finding people relied on its actual behaviour.

Alasdair