[dm-devel] Native systemd service files for multipathd

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 16:01:50 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 03:47:42PM +0200, Christophe Varoqui wrote:
> On jeu., 2011-06-30 at 14:10 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > Is anyone taking a look at porting the multipathd legacy sysv init
> > script to native systemd unit file?
> > I filed 690828 on 2011-03-25 and yet to receive somekind of response on
> > it and unless some action is taken then a) device-mapper-multipath will
> > be blocking the Fedora 16 alpha release or b) be ripped out of @base and
> > be made sure it does not get installed on the official livecd.
> What is the status of this request ? Has anyone stepped-in to the job ?
> If not I'll look into it. If you have Fedora-specific systemd
> implementation guideline, please point me to the appropriate
> documentation.

As you can see, that bugzilla got closed 19th July.

It was linked to another one 723357 which is also closed, but the comment #2
there suggests there is still a problem to be dealt with:

  I'm not sure why udev synchronization is failing during startup, but it is.

Ben, is that still a problem to be investigated?

Alasdair