Re: [dm-devel] multipath: change the DEFAULT_MINIO for the request based multipath

Christophe Varoqui [christophe varoqui gmail com] wrote:
> I pushed an implementation of the fully capable solution.
>
> The behaviour is unchanged with dm-multipath <= 1.1.0
> For newer driver, if no additional config is added to multipath.conf the
> minio will be set to 1.
>
> If Mike S. tests prove this value is not always optimal, it can be tuned
> per device in hwtable (hwe->minio_rq) and overridden in multipath.conf
> device{} and multipath{} section.
>
> This seemed to be the most consistent behaviour, to me. But feel free to
> disagree.
>
> Please test carefully as the patch is quite invasive. I built and tested
> lightly with a NetApp iSCSI simulator. The session produced the
> following output

Where is the patch? I would like test it. I have a patch set that does
what I said and was planning on adding a field to hwentry structure
without adding a new config keyword in /etc/multipath.conf. It doesn't
appear that big a change, but would like to see your patch.

Thanks, Malahal.