[dm-devel] mirrored device with thousand of mapping table entries

Hi,

I am trying to create a mirrored device with thousand of mapping table entries.

Unfortunately, it seems that the allocated kernel memory to satisfy this configuration is unbearable - I am talking about 6G for 10,000 entries where the used region size is for each entry is minimal (i.e. 8 blocks).

My questions are as follows:

1.       Did anyone tried before to create a mirrored device with thousands of targets?

2.       What is the estimated total allocated memory per each target?

3.       Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks a lot,

Eli