Re: [dm-devel] FW: the mirror log is NOT kept on disk

On 03/21/2011 02:10 PM, Eli Malul wrote:

> But I still do not understand how should I create a mapped device
> with dmsetup tool which wouldl survive crash/reboot.

You cannot do that without implementing persistent metadata handling
yourself.

Use LVM here. dmsetup is simple wrapper to DM-ioctl, low level utility.

LVM is based on top of that and solves all the problems with persistent
metadata you just found.

Milan