[dm-devel] difference in running multipathd in console versus cron

Hi all,

I've written backup scripts where for a snapshot LV on a iSCSI target
dynamically an iSCSI LUN and according multipath devices are created. To
properly clean them up and create them, multipathd is restarted quite a fiew
times in the script.
When doing this manually this works very well, and you see the multipath
devices being created and disappear again.
Running the same from cron, leads to a lot times where the devices are not
cleaned up, preventing them to be created again for the second run, which then
fails.
I seem to have messages like "backup_DomU: map in use".

This is in SLES11SP1 with multipath-tools-0.4.8-40.25.1.

What could I do to get this running properly from cron as well?

Thank you,

B.