Re: [dm-devel] Differentiating between dm devices

On 3/24/2011 4:32 AM, Milan Broz wrote:
> - kpartx uses prefix in format (part%N- where
> N is part number - my opinion it is bug but that up to discussion.
> My suggestion is to use KPARTX-part%N*)

So if kpartx creates the partition device instead of dmraid, the
partition will have a UUID of "part1-DMRAID-xyz"?  If that is the case,
then dmraid and lvm should be patched to use the same scheme don't you
think?  And then tools like parted can tell which devices are partitions
and which are not.