[dm-devel] [Lsf] Preliminary Agenda and Activities for LSF

Wed Mar 30 14:26:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 16:10 +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> On 03/30/2011 04:02 PM, James Bottomley wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 07:58 +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> >> No, seriously. I think it would be good to have a separate slot
> >> discussing DCB (be it FCoE or iSCSI) and cgroups.
> >> And how to best align these things.
> >
> > OK, I'll go for that ... Data Centre Bridging; experiences, technologies
> > and needs ... something like that.  What about virtualisation and open
> > vSwitch?
> >
> Hmm. Not qualified enough to talk about the latter; I was more
> envisioning the storage-related aspects here (multiqueue mapping,
> QoS classes etc). With virtualisation and open vSwitch we're more in
> the network side of things; doubt open vSwitch can do DCB.
> And even if it could, virtio certainly can't :-)

Technically, the topic DCB is about Data Centre Ethernet enhancements
and converged networks ... that's why it's naturally allied to virtual
switching.

I was thinking we might put up a panel of vendors to get us all an
education on the topic ...

James