Re: [dm-devel] [Lsf] Preliminary Agenda and Activities for LSF

On 03/30/2011 04:26 PM, James Bottomley wrote:
On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 16:10 +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
On 03/30/2011 04:02 PM, James Bottomley wrote:
On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 07:58 +0200, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
No, seriously. I think it would be good to have a separate slot
discussing DCB (be it FCoE or iSCSI) and cgroups.
And how to best align these things.

OK, I'll go for that ... Data Centre Bridging; experiences, technologies
and needs ... something like that.  What about virtualisation and open
vSwitch?

Hmm. Not qualified enough to talk about the latter; I was more
envisioning the storage-related aspects here (multiqueue mapping,
QoS classes etc). With virtualisation and open vSwitch we're more in
the network side of things; doubt open vSwitch can do DCB.
And even if it could, virtio certainly can't :-)

Technically, the topic DCB is about Data Centre Ethernet enhancements
and converged networks ... that's why it's naturally allied to virtual
switching.

I was thinking we might put up a panel of vendors to get us all an
education on the topic ...

Oh, but gladly.
Didn't know we had some at the LSF.

Cheers,